The reviews are in and HomePod is finally here, but let’s take one last look at Apple’s short-lived home speaker from 2006, the iPod Hi-Fi. The similarities between the two launches are deeply similar, although I think the timing of HomePod’s launch suggests it won’t face the same fate as iPod Hi-Fi anytime soon.
- Next story Is HomePod love at first listen? It’s complicated.
- Previous story Sonos greets Apple HomePod's arrival with joking Spotify playlist
Popular News this month
- CMV: Apple’s service program for MacBook keyboards only puts a band-aid on the problem
- TV columnist speculates Apple is plotting a major media industry acquisition
- Take executive control of your Instagram feed [Deals]
- Cult of Mac Magazine: HomePod is still hopeless, and it’s (mostly) Siri’s fault
- New lawsuit takes issue with Apple’s ‘brilliantly scratch-resistant’ Apple Watch marketing
- Facebook testing new feature to help you track the time you spend in its app
- Making The Grade: Apple’s biggest mistake in K-12 happened in 2006
- Security researcher shows how to brute force iPhone passcodes [Video]
- App Roundup: GarageBand, Anchor, Hopster Coding Safari, Microsoft News, more!
- Reddit Rolls Out Customizable News Tab to Most Users of its Official iOS App