iFixit has shared a significant discovery in the midst of their iconic hardware teardown: the 2018 MacBook Pro keyboard includes a ‘thin, silicone barrier’ under each key. While this may be used to make typing quieter compared to previous versions, it may also be practical for keeping debris from positioning under keys.
- Next story 2018 MacBook Pro keyboards include silicone membrane, might protect against key failure
- Previous story First look: Apple's 2018 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
Popular News this month
- The 15 Best AirPods 2 Tips and Tricks
- EE and Virgin have the cheapest iPhone XS deals on now, which is best?
- These are all the games coming to Apple Arcade
- Some Apple News+ subscribers seeing crashes on app launch
- How to Use the 'Hey Siri' Command With AirPods (2nd Generation)
- Comment: Yesterday’s Apple event didn’t excite me – how about you?
- Apple Announces Instant Transfer With Fee for Apple Cash Transfers, Ends Credit Card Funded Peer Payments
- Two Austrian banks say Apple Pay is at last 'coming soon'
- How to Sign up for Apple News+ Outside the US and Canada
- Apple's services bonanza 'sizzle, but little steak' at launch, needs more details says analysts