In a statement to 9to5Mac yesterday, Apple confirmed a new feature called USB Restricted Mode that restricts an iPhone’s Lightning port to charge only if the device hasn’t been unlocked in the last hour. According to a new report from Vice, however, security researchers have already been able to workaround the new feature..
- Next story Grayshift claims it defeated Apple's forthcoming 'USB Restricted Mode' security feature
- Previous story Grayshift May Already Have iPhone Unlocking Solution for iOS 12's USB Restricted Mode
Popular News this month
- This week’s top stories: iOS 12’s life-saving feature, AirPower release, MacBook keyboard repairs, more
- CMV: Apple’s service program for MacBook keyboards only puts a band-aid on the problem
- TV columnist speculates Apple is plotting a major media industry acquisition
- Take executive control of your Instagram feed [Deals]
- Cult of Mac Magazine: HomePod is still hopeless, and it’s (mostly) Siri’s fault
- New lawsuit takes issue with Apple’s ‘brilliantly scratch-resistant’ Apple Watch marketing
- Facebook testing new feature to help you track the time you spend in its app
- Making The Grade: Apple’s biggest mistake in K-12 happened in 2006
- Security researcher shows how to brute force iPhone passcodes [Video]
- App Roundup: GarageBand, Anchor, Hopster Coding Safari, Microsoft News, more!